Monday, October 19, 2009

Thank YOU!!!

The wedding was incredible. We are now Mann und Frau and couldn't be happier! I have had a permanent smile for about 29 1/2 hours now and my cheeks are starting to hurt- not that I am complaining. For weeks now I have had insane urges to yell out from my car & shout at strangers that I am marrying Ian Porter! I can't say that has entirely went away yet, I am so excited to be the latest Mrs. Porter.

Thank you to all who came & sent their warm wishes. We hoped for everyone to have fun and I truly believe that goal was met. It was amazing to see the smiles on so many people we love. Especially the smiles that graced the faces of our parents. Without their help and support this event could not have happened, and without their individual styles, opinions, and personalities it would not have been half the epic event that is was.

I have been tempted to speak at several of the events leading up to this wedding but am so glad I kept my best material to myself until the wedding. For those of you that missed it, and for commemorative sake, here is a bit of paraphrasing:

"I never would have thought that all the random things that have come up in my life could result in the wonderfulness that is happening right now. I am so lucky to have you all in my life!

I used to be so jealous of Ian. He is so lucky! I plan and prepare and things get messed up all the time. Ian does something on a whim and it all works out perfect. But the more time I spend with him, I realize it is not luck. He is just such a wonderful person and people want to make things work for him. I don't know anyone who has met Ian and not instantly loved him. I am so lucky to be able to spend the rest of my life with someone like him.

I have led an amazing life. There are so many wonderful things I have done and great people I have met. But this, right now, is the best day of my life. This is the best day ever. I love you Ian."

I knew that I had done well when I saw Ian shed a tear.

Pictures can be found HERE, but  I wanted to share the awesome video our friend Phil helped us to create. Thank you Phil! Everyone- thank you!

4 comments:

~ cheryl said...

It truly was awesome . . .

Dave Ball said...

Erin, Over the past five years I've watched you look into Ian's eyes and seen thoses glances so full of love for each other. As your dad to see someone who loves you even more leaves your mom and I at peace that we've done well and helped you along your lives path. To see you so happy on Sat was the most rewarding. Enjoy your trip and we'll see you soon Dad& Mom

. said...

Do you have a link to the video? Wanted to share it with some people and perhaps on my blog? Loved it! :)

Congrats!

Ron Ball said...

Wonderful day! Have a great honeymoon in San Francisco---but where are the videos?
Ron Ball

We're Back in Berlin Ja!

We're Back in Berlin Ja!
ebe & ian at Yak-toberfest 2008